Dabeli. Dabeli is traditionally sold on the streets of Gujarati towns. It is another version of vada pav made with a sweet and spicy potato mixture which is filled into a small burger bun and then topped with onion, pomegranate, fresh garlic chutney and sev. Dabeli, kutchi dabeli or double roti (Gujarati:દાબેલી,કચ્છી દાબેલી, Devnagari: दाबेली,कच्छी दाबेली) is a popular snack food of India, originating in the Kutch or Kachchh region of Gujarat.
Dabeli masala is the key ingredients, that gives this Potato filling a different taste and makes it unique. You can either make the same at home using my recipe or use a store-bought one. Coconut adds a nice texture, as well as pomegranate, adds a slightly sweet taste in this spicy tangy aloo masala. You can cook Dabeli using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dabeli
- Prepare 6 of pav.
- You need 500 gm of potato.
- It’s 2 of tbspoon dabeli masala.
- You need Half of cup green chutney.
- It’s Half of cup tarmarind pulp.
- You need 2 of tbspoon chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 of tbspoon sev.
- It’s 2 of tbspoon pomogranate.
- It’s 2 of tbspoon butter.
- It’s 1 of tspoon black salt, jeera powder.
- It’s 2 of tbspoon sugar.
- Prepare 3 of tbspoon oil.
Dabeli is also called as kutchi dabeli or kachchhi dabeli or kacchi dabeli. Its a very popular street snack and can be easily found in Mumbai as well as Gujarat. Basically dabeli is a spicy, tangy and sweet potato filling inside a bun – more specifically the Indian bun – called as pav, drizzled with a spicy and sweet chutney and some. Dabeli recipe – It is the popular street food snack from Kutchh, Gujarat.
- Boil the patato and mash it. Add oil in a pan. Now add dabeli masala and mix it..now add potato into it and mix it gently. Now add the tarmarind pulp, black salt, sugar, roasted jeera powder to it. Cook for 2 mins and switch off the gas..
- Now transfer this mixture into flat dish and add coriander, pomogranate, masala sing to it. If you want you can add chopped onlion also..
- Now take pav cut in half apply butter to both the side and roast it in medium flame on tava. Now apply one side tarmarind chutney and one side green chutney and put the mixture one side. Now roast for one minute and lastly garnish with sev. ☺.
And nowadays it is popular all over the India. And nowadays it is popular all over the India. Dabeli or dhabeli or Kachchi Dabeli is one such popular Indian Street food snack. This popular recipe originated in Kutch ( Kachcha ) region of India so it's called Kutchi Dabeli. You find street vendors with big platter of dabeli masala and stacks of garnishes across many street corners of Mumbai, Pune and cities across Maharashtra and Gujarat.