Simple Cheese Quesadilla. Fold the tortillas in half over the cheese to make a half-moon. Using a spatula, gently lift the edge so you can check. Place the second flour tortilla atop the Cheddar layer.
Use just enough to coat the bottom of your skillet. Warm it over medium to medium-high heat. Add the tortilla and top with cheese. You can cook Simple Cheese Quesadilla using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Cheese Quesadilla
- You need 1 of flour Tortilla.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese any kind or combo.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
Combine the cheddar and Monterey Jack in a small bowl. Place shredded cheese on a tortilla and fold it in half. Flip the tortilla and brown the other side. Cooking cheese quesadillas in butter makes all the difference.
Simple Cheese Quesadilla step by step
- Heat pan.
- Melt and spread butter in pan. It will melt quick..
- Put tortilla in pan and press down..
- Put cheese on only one half of tortilla. Be sure to leave about a quart inch from the edges of the tortilla..
- Let sit for 5- 10 seconds.
- Use a spatula to flip other half over and lightly salt. Press down on top with spatula a few times. I honestly just sit there and slap the top a bit..
- Let cook for about 15 seconds. You can always check the bottom to make sure it's nice and golden..
- Flip and salt lightly. Press down and slap with spatula..
- Give about 15-20 seconds check if golden..
- Cut and serve..
The tortillas will soak up the melted butter and the outsides will become a light golden-brown as the tortilla cooks and the cheese melts. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Spread cream cheese over unbuttered side on half the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheeses, onion, cilantro and olives. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.