Easy Chicken Quesadilla. Easy Chicken Quesadillas For this effortless entree, I sandwiches cooked chicken, tomato, onion and cheese inside tortillas, then warms them on a griddle until the cheese is gooey. I garnish them with sour cream, your favorite salsa and refried beans.—Sacha K. Roach, Warsaw, Ohio Easy Chicken Quesadillas Recipe photo by Taste of Home Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
How to make these Easy Chicken Quesadillas Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions! In a heated pan, add olive oil, onion and bell peppers and sautee, then set aside. Add extra virgin olive oil and onion to large cold skillet. You can cook Easy Chicken Quesadilla using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Quesadilla
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 4 of medium flour tortillas.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Sour cream, for serving.
Add chicken broth, taco seasoning, salt and pepper to pan. With only a handful of ingredients, including packaged cooked diced chicken, these easy, cheesy chicken quesadillas are budget-friendly, and simple enough for kids to assemble themselves. The recipe suggests using Colby and mozzarella cheeses, but you could also use pepper jack, cheddar, havarti, or any other favorite cheese you have on hand. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, coriander and crushed red pepper, a tsp of water until smooth.
Easy Chicken Quesadilla instructions
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate..
- Heat remaining tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with spices, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)..
- Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas in half and Place onto a baking sheet..
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes..
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream..
Add the chicken, basil (or dill), chopped jalapeno and the arugula to the mix. Cut chicken breasts into small bite size pieces. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan. Add the chicken breasts and taco seasoning to the pan. Spread mixture on one side of tortilla.