Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican). Then build the quesadillas by laying grated cheese on the bottom. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and chicken.
Transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Quesadilla is a Mexican dish which consists of two tortillas with filling, which should contain cheese (actually, the name “quesadilla” is derived from Spanish words “queso,” which means “cheese”). While melting, the cheese bonds both tortillas together. You can have Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican) using 31 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican)
- Prepare of Base.
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 8 of Tortillas.
- Prepare 1 lb of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Red Pepper.
- You need 1 of Green Pepper.
- You need of Flavor.
- It’s of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of Pico.
- It’s 4 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of White Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 2 of Jalapenos.
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Add Ins.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Hot Sauce.
Heat a large frying pan or flat fry pan over low heat. Lay a tortilla on top of the melted butter in the pan and add the cheese, chicken mixture, and green chiles. Spread everything around so that you have cheese, chicken etc. in every bite. I garnish them with sour cream, your favorite salsa and refried beans.—Sacha K.
Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican) step by step
- Prep: Make Pico by dicing tomatoes and white onion, finely chopping jalapenos and cilantro and mincing the garlic. Combine and then add salt, sugar & lime juice to taste..
- Prep: Make taco seasoning by combining the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mixing till evenly blended together..
- Prep: Cut the Red and Green bell peppers into small squares and set aside. Shred the cheese and set aside..
- Prep: Dry, pound and trim the chicken breasts and then Dice into small squares. Put into a bowl and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper..
- Prep: Put a baking sheet in the oven, lined with parchment paper & turn oven to 200°..
- Cook: Heat pan to Medium-High and add diced chicken to the pan, cool until the outside is cooked and then drain any water from the Pan. Add a bit of oil to the pan and then add in the taco seasoning & bell peppers. Cook until the chicken just starts to brown & then add the bell peppers. Cook to desired doneness, remove chicken & bell peppers and set aside..
- Cook: Cook each Quesadilla one at a time. Turn the temperature to Medium, Add vegetable oil to the pan, then a tortilla. Fill with cheese & chicken/bell pepper mix and then fold closed. Cook till crisp and then flip. Move to baking sheet after they are done and then start the next one..
- Cook: Repeat till all the Quesadillas are done and then turn off the oven. serve Immediately, with sour cream, hot sauce & pico..
Serve with salsa and sour cream. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. In small bowl, mix chicken and salsa. Combine chicken, vegetables and cheese; divide mixture over tortillas.