Simple healthy granola. This delicious healthy granola recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup (or honey). It's made with oats, coconut oil and your favorite nuts and fruit. Granola is a wonderful alternative to most breakfast foods and snacks loaded with unhealthy carbohydrates, saturated fats, and sugars.
Easy Healthy Granola For anyone unfamiliar with this dish, granola is a snack or breakfast food containing oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, shredded coconut, almonds, and other desired ingredients. There are a million varieties out there but i'm completely obsessed with homemade granola, especially this healthier version! In a large bowl, mix together the oats, light brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. You can cook Simple healthy granola using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple healthy granola
- You need 150 g of old fashion oats.
- Prepare 30 g of pistachio.
- You need 30 g of walnuts.
- Prepare 60 ml of honey (maple syrup if vegan?).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 20 g of dessiccated coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbspn of black sesame.
- It’s 50 g of dried mixed berries.
Stir the honey, oil and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients. Use your hands if necessary to make sure it's well. Simple Granola is a perfect breakfast food, a delicious crunchy topping for yogurt, or a wholesome snack to eat by the handful. Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
Simple healthy granola instructions
- Heat up coconut oil, honey and vanilla essence and in the bowl mix it with all of the ingredients apart of coconut and dried fruits.
- Spread it over on a roasting tray and bake in 150 °C for 20 min. Stir every few minutes.
- After 20 min add coconut and dried fruits and bake it further for 10 min.
- Cool it down.
- Serve it with milk/ yoghurt or alternatively soy/ almond milk. Add it to your puddings as another layer or texture..
Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon and salt. Stir until oats are evenly coated. Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Then remove from the oven, add the coconut, and give the mixture a good stir. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, flour and salt.