Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix. Check Out Roasted Chickpea Snack On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Crunchy cinnamon roasted chickpeas with dried cherries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and dark chocolate.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon, salt, and smoked paprika. Whisk the oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper together in a small bowl; add the chickpeas and toss to coat. Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet. You can have Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raw almonds.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dried cranberries (or dried fruit of choice).
- You need 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Great recipe for Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix. This is a yummy and slightly healthier take on a traditional trail mix. It has all the salty/sweet/crunchy components that I love in a trail mix, high in protein and fiber, has healthy fats from the nuts/seeds and it will keep you fueled with good. Combine roasted chick peas and popcorn in a large bowl with plantain chips and peanuts.
Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large, rimmed baking tray with parchment paper or foil and set it aside. If using foil, very lightly grease it with some additional coconut oil..
- Lay out the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a couple of paper towels and dry them the best you can. Discard any skins that have come loose. Once dried, toss them with the coconut oil and salt. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, shaking them around gently about halfway through..
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and carefully drizzle them with the maple syrup. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and smoked paprika and toss to evenly coat. I transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl to do this, rather than try to do it on the hot pan..
- Return the chickpeas to the pan, then add the pumpkin seeds and the almonds to the pan. Return to the oven for anywhere between 6-10 more minutes, until the nuts/pumpkin seeds are toasted and the chickpeas are browned and crispy. Set the tray over a wire rack to let everything cool completely..
- Once cool, place the chickpea mixture into a large bowl, stir in the dried cranberries and dark chocolate and that's it..
- You can serve it immediately or you can store it for later. Store it in an airtight container (such as a mason jar) for up to 1 week..
Stir to combine then pour over snack mixture. An easy savory trail mix full of protein and fiber, this Spicy Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix is a feel good way to snack. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Drain chickpeas in a colander and let them dry completely. Pat dry with a paper towel if needed, I usually leave them on the counter an hour to make sure they are very dry.