Summer pickled cucumber salad. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pickle juice, garlic powder, dill and a pinch of salt. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, red onion, sugar, and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Place cucumber, onion, and dill in a big bowl. Combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili paste and cilantro in a bowl. In a bowl, place half of the cucumber slices. You can cook Summer pickled cucumber salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer pickled cucumber salad
- You need 5 of greenhouse cucumbers (sliced).
- You need 1 of white onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper (julienned).
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper (julienned).
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 3 3/4 cups of water.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dill.
Cover with a layer of onions (about half). Add the remaining cucumber slices and then the rest of the onions. Turn the vinegar marinated cucumbers into a colorful summertime salad by adding cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes, some red onions and a splash of olive oil. You could also add green bell pepper, red or yellow peppers, slices of squash, or fresh herbs to the mix.
Summer pickled cucumber salad step by step
- Combine all vegetables.
- Mix water, vinegar, sugar, and dill together.
- Add vegetable mix.
- Allow to sit at least 24 hours.
Fresh basil or fresh dill add a burst of flavor. Cucumber sunomono is a tasty Japanese cucumber salad made with just a few easy-to-find ingredients. Serve this as a Japanese appetizer, or as a salad or side dish to pair with any meal. Remove the pickled cucumbers from the brine and add to the bowl, discarding the garlic, dill, and spices. You can pickle all sorts of things, not just cucumbers.