My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks. Hasselback Sweet Potatoes Hasselback potatoes are whole potatoes that have been cut into a fan shape, dotted with butter, then roasted. The result is a crispy-on-the-outside, creamy-on-the-inside. If we are ever at a loss for what to make for a meal we always chop up a sweet potato and roast it in the oven to have in a buddha bowl or as an easy side dish!.
Use fresh sweet potato and ginger to make this. This helps keep your eyes healthy as well as your immune system, your body's defense against germs. This healthy sweet potato casserole uses raw honey and the natural sweetness of the ingredients to give you a delicious low sugar sweet potato casserole. You can cook My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks
- Prepare 150 grams of Sweet potato.
- You need 60 ml of Soy milk.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame seeds.
This healthy sweet potato casserole is a freezer meal making it the perfect make ahead side. I'm the Healthy Sweet Potato and I want to personally thank you for coming to visit my blog. Here you can find healthy plant-based recipes, fitness tips and real life stories. All of my posts are intended to motivate you grow to be a happy, healthy person and some are just for fun 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks instructions
- Cut the peeled sweet potato into large pieces and put in a microwavable bowl..
- Microwave for 3 minutes and let sit in the steam with the wrap still on for 2 minutes..
- Mash with a fork..
- Add soy milk and salt and mix. The salt will tone down the sweetness, of the sweet potatoes, so if you like, you can add more honey or sweetener..
- Once the sweet potato mixture is smooth, sprinkle in sesame seeds before forming into scoops. *In this photo, they've been place in foil cups, but the ones in the top photo were just rounded into balls..
- Bake in the toaster oven for 5 minutes. (If you are using a normal oven, preheat to 410F/210C and bake for 15 minutes.).
Sweet Potato is a great source of dietary fibre, niacin, folate, magnesium and calcium and thanks to sweet potatoes having a low GI, it will help you feel fuller for longer, making this a great lunchbox snack or even breakfast – try lightly toasting it under the grill and add a little honey! View Recipe: Savory Sweet Potato Mash. Get your daily dose of vitamin A with this nutritious side. These subtly-sweet, orange-colored root vegetables are delicious just about any way you prepare them. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using an electric mixer), mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and all spice.