Healthy donut alternative. There are so many ways to make healthy muffins and they can be just as satisfying as a fat laden donut. Whole wheat flour, fresh or frozen fruit, nuts and seeds, yogurt or applesauce and even carrots and zucchini are few healthy ingredients you can add to make muffins both healthy, delicious and satisfying. Doughnuts are sweet, soft and delectable, with a variety to appeal to anyone's taste.
Cream-filled, frosted, and glazed — oh my! If any of these words make a regular appearance in your morning routine, there's a chance that what you are really enjoying is an early dessert. National Donut Day comes around each year, and it tends to drum up debates in Philadelphia. You can cook Healthy donut alternative using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy donut alternative
- You need 1-2 tbsp of almond butter (or alternative of choice).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of almond milk (or alternative of choice).
- You need 2 tbsp of regular granola clusters (or any cereal of choice).
- Prepare 1 of large Asian pear or Fuji Apple, peeled, sliced and cored.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried cranberries (or trail mix).
- Prepare of Optional.
- It’s Dash of honey (or maple syrup), as garnish / glaze.
While Yoplait fools a lot of us with their myriad of commercials touting themselves as a “healthy alternative ” to indulgent desserts, their pretty pastel cups are the ones doing the real damage. And then It occurred to us. “I can't be the only one with these cravings, or desire to find a healthy, yummy alternative to pre-packaged snacks, or high calorie desserts,” (Emily, Creator). So, we decided to make a healthy snacks that fits into daily macros, and tastes delicious. And that's how the fit donut was born.
Healthy donut alternative step by step
- On a small bowl, place granola clusters and almond milk, mix and let granola soak in all that milky goodness for few minutes..
- While granola is getting hydrated, wash, peel, and slice fruit horizontally. Use a spoon to remove core to result in making series of donut shaped pear or apple slices. Set aside..
- Going back to the granola+milk mixture, add dried cranberries and peanut butter. Mix well..
- Spoon mixture as toppings to your fruit donuts. You can add a dash of honey to glaze it a bit if you like. Ready to serve! Best enjoyed with tea (hot or cold)..
Toast whatever bread you have, whole grain is ideal for fiber and protein. Once it's toasted you can spread on some goat cheese, avocado, butter, cream cheese if that's your style – whatever you want to add some more creaminess or fat in a low effort way. If you have none of these things, it'll still taste good. Enjoy your DOUGHnuts Our DOUGHnuts are a healthy alternative to the average donut. Why have a protein bar when you can have a DOUGHnut or two?