Granola. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. A quick, easy, and very delicious recipe that can be eaten for cold cereal, topping on yogurt or even for a snack.
Toss the oats, coconut, and almonds together in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil and honey in a small bowl. Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir. You can cook Granola using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Granola
- It’s 3 cups of rolled oats (gluten free if you prefer).
- You need 1 cup of petites (green pumpkin seeds).
- You need 1/4 cup of light or dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut oil or olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup or honey.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins or other fruit.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes.
- You need of Optional: 1/2 +/- teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla.
This delicious healthy granola recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup (or honey). It's made with oats, coconut oil and your favorite nuts and fruit. The grocery aisle is overflowing with specialty granolas that are as delicious as they are special, but what every home cook needs is a simple, straightforward granola that can be memorized and made from heart. Granola is loaded with healthy ingredients like oats, nuts, seeds and fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Tip: Gather all your ingredients. Use a large bowl. Use a fork to mix. (The brands pictured below are not necessarily the brands you should buy. Your choice.).
- Mix together oats, petites, brown sugar, any spices, and salt..
- Add oil and syrup or honey. Stir to coat.
- Spread raw granola on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet..
- Bake for 15 minutes then stir in coconut. Bake another 15 to 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. (Time varies depending on which type of oil and sweetener you choose.).
- When the oats are golden brown, turn the oven off and mix in raisins or other fruit. Remove from the oven or let cool in the oven..
It can become unhealthy when it's too high in sugar, leading to extra calories and fat for your body. To keep it as healthy as possible, make your own granola and cut back on the sugar in the recipe. In a large bowl, stir to combine rolled oats, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes. In a separate bowl, stir to combine maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, and salt. Pour wet ingredients over the oats, and mix well.