Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack. Enjoy Delicious Nut Mixes Optimized For You. Try Our Delicious & Hydrating Unsweetened Lipton® Teas to Help Support a Healthy Heart. Unsweetened Tea Contributes to a Healthy Diet, So You Can Continue Sipping Guilt Free!
These dhoklas can literally be eaten at any time of the day be it at breakfast, during tea time, or just as a snack as well. Made with a fermented batter of gram flour (besan) and mild spices, dhoklas are great any time of the day. For us, they make a great tea-time snack. You can have Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack
- Prepare 200 gms of gram flour (besan).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 of ENO (fruit salt flavour).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/4th tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 of dry chillies.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 6-8 of Curry leaves.
One of the most fascinating features about. Dhokla is considered a healthy snack as there is minimum use of oil or grease and is prepared from the healthy gram flour. However, dhokla can also be prepared using ragi (finger millet) and rava. Instant Rava Dhokla is a quick and easy breakfast or a tea time snack which can be made in a jiffy.
Dhokla – a quick and healthy tea time snack step by step
- Mix besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Add lemon juice and water and whisk it to form a bit flowy batter as shown in the picture. Then add 1 tbpn hot oil and stir well. Keep the batter aside..
- Now let the water in your steamer boil. (You can also use a idli maker/pressure cooker) Once the water starts to boil, add baking soda and ENO to the batter and mix well..
- Now grease the container in which you can steam the batter with little oil and pour the batter into it and steam for 10mins. And voila! The dhokla is ready..
- Now take a pan and heat one tbsp oil. Add mustard seeds, dey chilli and curry leaves. Fry on low flame for few seconds and use it to garnish your dhokla..
These are made with Rava or semolina. They are soft, fluffy steamed savoury cakes that can also be served as a side dish. They go as perfect finger food for toddlers and great healthy ideas for kid's parties. Oats Dhokla is a healthy anytime snack. Use your leftover Quaker oats and surprise yourself with this tasty appetizer.