Healthy Okara Snack Honey Lemon Muffin and Cake. Great recipe for Healthy Okara Snack Honey Lemon Muffin and Cake. This recipe was born from a mistake. I was trying to make honey and lemon cookies, but the dough turned out to be too soft either because the okara was too runny or too fine.
Sprinkle top of cake with additional lemon zest, if desired. Option to also spray with nonstick cooking spray. Next, crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk. You can cook Healthy Okara Snack Honey Lemon Muffin and Cake using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Okara Snack Honey Lemon Muffin and Cake
- Prepare 1 of roughly 200 grams Fresh okara.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 60 of to 80 grams Sugar (or artificial sweeteners).
- It’s 8 tbsp of Skim milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare 1 of lemon Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of to 2 tablespoons Honey.
- You need 1 of Dried raspberries or raisins (for decoration).
Then, add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl (minus the melted coconut oil) and mix. This easy recipe is perfect for a guilt-free breakfast or snack! It has the same sweetness level as muffins, and it's full of fresh fruity flavor. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar.
Healthy Okara Snack Honey Lemon Muffin and Cake instructions
- Use a hand-held mixer and beat the eggs as much as possible. For better results, beat in a double broiler. Add sugar and keep whisking..
- Add all the other ingredients and mix together using the hand-held mixer. Pour into the mold and bake in a 160°C (320°F) oven for 30 to 35 minutes. In the picture above, I poured everything into a large silicon mold and made a star-shaped cake..
- This is how it looked like after removing from the mold. This cake tasted like a baked cheese cake and was so delicious. To make the muffins in the top photo, I poured the dough into muffin molds and decorated them with dried raspberries and raisins. If you're using a smaller mold like a muffin mold, bake for 25 minutes..
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, zest, juice, and milk. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined. See more ideas about okara, recipes, food. Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk.