Granola (Apple Spice). This Apple Spice Granola is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan too. This granola is LOADED up with apples and spices to give a nice warm taste that is perfect for a part of just about any breakfast. There's real apples in here too, baked right in with the oats.
This week has flown by so fast and it has brought with it the cool breeze. Spread the granola in an even layer in the baking pan. While the granola bakes, line a few wire racks with parchment paper. You can have Granola (Apple Spice) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granola (Apple Spice)
- It’s 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of shredded Coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds, chopped (I used coconut flavored).
- You need 1 of Large Apple, cored, seeded & chopped (leave skin on).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Honey.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Butter (1/2 Stick) melted.
- You need 1 Tablespoons of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of Ginger (or you could use Nutmeg).
- You need 1/2 cup of Craisins (dried cranberries).
Spread the cooked granola over the parchment paper to dry and cool. Allow the granola to cool completely before transferring to an airtight. Add in spices and brown sugar, stir to combine, set ¾ cup aside to cool. Chunky Apple Spice Granola Are you ready for Fall?
Granola (Apple Spice) step by step
- Pre heat oven to 275 degrees and generously spray a 13 x 9 sided pan with non-stick cooking spray (I used butter flavored).
- Put oats, coconut and nuts in a large bowl and combine. (leave the craisins for later).
- Add chopped apple, melted butter and seasonings to the dry ingredients. Mix very well..
- Place granola in pan and spread out..
- Put pan of granola in the prepared oven. Take granola out and stir every 15 minutes. Do this for at least an hour. Watch for the granola to brown and the apples are not as juicy. I shut my oven off and left the granola in to help dry out..
- One done, take granola out and let cool completely. Once cool, add the craisins and keep in an airtight container..
This apple spice granola recipe is perfect for those chillier months. Made with REAL apples, maple syrup, and clusters of oats, this granola is delicious and is made with natural ingredients. Old-fashioned oats, flaxseeds, almonds, pecans, honey, brown sugar, coconut oil, and classic apple pie spices combine to create the base of this homemade apple granola recipe. While I'm not a huge fan of the flavors of chai tea, I am a fan of adding cardamom to this granola recipe (and perhaps anything I make with apples in the future!). The granola gets its flavor from the apple, as well as pure maple syrup, a touch of brown sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and vanilla.