Hyderabadi Mutton Zafrani Dum Biryani.
You can have Hyderabadi Mutton Zafrani Dum Biryani using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Mutton Zafrani Dum Biryani
- Prepare 1 1/2 of kgs Mutton Bone-in.
- It’s 1 kg of Basmati Rice.
- Prepare 4-5 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 3 tsp of Salt or to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Raw Papaya paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Green Chilli paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/2 kg of Curd.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
- You need 1 of small bunch Coriander and Mint Leaves chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 gm of Saffron.
- It’s 6-7 of Onions thinly sliced and fried.
- It’s of FOR RICE PREPARATION -.
- It’s 7-8 of Cardamom pods.
- It’s 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- You need 5-6 of Cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of Caraway Seeds or Shahjeera.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Mint Leaves and Coriander Leaves finely chopped each.
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 600 ml of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Pure Ghee.
Hyderabadi Mutton Zafrani Dum Biryani instructions
- First of all, marination is important. Add all the ingredients mentioned to Mutton Bone-in and mix well. Do not add fried Onions. They can be added next day before cooking. Also add Coriander and Mint Leaves chopped along with some Lemon juice too..
- Cover and refrigerate it overnight. Do not freeze it. Next day soak Basmati Rice in enough water and keep aside. Meanwhile keep a big vessel with about 2 litres of water to boil. Add all the ingredients mentioned under it. Cover and let it boil. Add Salt accordingly..
- After it boils, add soaked and drained Rice. Allow it cook on a high heat. Do not stir it vigorously. Otherwise the grains might break. Cook upto 80% and drain. Do not over cook it. Keep it aside..
- Heat Oil on a medium high heat and fry Onions until golden brown and crisp. Spread them on a plate and keep it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. They will be super crisp. Reserve the Oil for later use..
- Add the marinated Mutton Bone-in to a large Vessel. Top with crispy Onions and half of the same Oil in which they were fried. The Oil should not be hot. Mix well and top it up with the Rice as the final layer. Add a tablespoon of Ghee, 3-4 Saffron strands soaked in Milk, few fried Onions and chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves. Cover the entire Vessel with an aluminium foil or dough thus entirely sealing it up..
- This way, you have to make sure of not letting the steam escape. Keep something heavy on the lid. It's also a best option. Cook on a high heat at first for about 10-12 minutes and keep rotating the Vessel in order to let it cook evenly from all the sides. After 12 minutes, there will be lovely aroma spreading around. Reduce the heat to a low and cook for a further 25-30 minutes. That's it. Switch off the heat. Do not open all of a sudden. Wait for about 5-8 minutes before opening the lid..
- Serve it piping hot with Raita of your choice. Happy Eating!.