A cool sip of Watermelonade with a quick bite of Tofu Salad to face the Summer Heat. Great recipe for A cool sip of Watermelonade with a quick bite of Tofu Salad to face the Summer Heat. With a long day ahead of me, I wanted something cool and refreshing to start my day. See recipes for Open face oats cheese pizza, Sabudana faces, A Girl Face too.
You can cook A cool sip of Watermelonade with a quick bite of Tofu Salad to face the Summer Heat using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of A cool sip of Watermelonade with a quick bite of Tofu Salad to face the Summer Heat
- It’s 4 – 5 cups of Watermelon de-seeded chunk.
- You need of lime Juice of on.
- You need of salt or Black salt Regular as per taste.
- It’s 3 – 4 tbsps of Sugar.
- You need 8 – 10 of Ice – cubes (optional).
- Prepare 100 grams of Tofu cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 10 – 12 of Cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Carrot grated.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Olive oil.
- You need of Ice lettuce spinach Any other salad leaves of your choice burg , baby etc..
- Prepare Dressing of Orange Vinaigrette.
- Prepare 1 of orange Juice of an (one medium ).
- Prepare 2 tsps of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper Freshly ground.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare of Sal as per taste.
- You need 1 tsp of Honey Sugar jaggery sweetener / / Liquid any of the options.
- Prepare 1 – 2 tsps of Lime Juice (adjust as per taste).
A cool sip of Watermelonade with a quick bite of Tofu Salad to face the Summer Heat instructions
- Cut the watermelon into wedges, remove the rind, de-seed the watermelon, and cut it into chunk..
- Put these chunks in the food processor/mixer-grinder, squeeze a juice of one lime (remove the seeds) over it..
- Add 3/4th tsp of salt and 3-4 tbsp of sugar; whiz it once in the mixer. Serve is fresh with thinly sliced lemon rings and ice. You can strain the juice if you wish, I prefer it just as it is..
- I had a guilt-free version of the watermelonade, I skipped the sugar completely, the sweetness of the melon was just perfect to curb my sugar cravings!.
- March is one of my favourite months, Its the month of birthdays – dad's and mine, I cannot say I eagerly looked forward to it, as during my school and college years my birthday always had an exam going on. When I finally started working, I thought I could relax enjoy them…. but then they always coincided with the 'year-end' extra-office hours at work! It was then I decided that I would never become or marry a Chartered Accountant and thankfully I dint! Anyhow now that I am a homemaker I enj….
- I won a new set of bright orange knives from Ruchira’s Blog – thegreatcookaroo.com as her 1st Anniversary giveaway. I have just started to use them, they add so much colour to my kitchen. I used to have a hard time finely slicing veggie before; but these stainless steel knives have made my life so much easier. Thanks Ruchira for this lovely use-full gift!.
- Picture courtesy Urban Dazzle..
- Now coming back to the second recipe I want to share with you – as I already mentioned I had a long day ahead, so I wanted to make a quick lunch which was light and filling..
- Salads always come to my rescue, not because I usually have most salad ingredients in my fridge but I know I can come up with different flavours to make salads interesting and fun to eat. Here is my recipe on Tofu Salad with Orange Vinaigrette..
- Remove the tofu from the packet, cut it into small bite size cubes..
- Take a non-stick or a heavy bottom pan, add olive oil, once the oil is hot add the tofu, add salt to the tofu. Sauté it for 3 minutes till its golden brown of all sides. Remove and set aside to cool..
- Take a large bowl add to it the grated carrot, sliced onions, diced cucumber and tomatoes..
- In a small bowl, add the fresh juice of oranges, olive oil, pepper, paprika, salt, lime juice and honey (I used honey). Mix this well with a fork or spoon, check and adjust the seasoning..
- Add the tofu to the salad bowl and pour the dressing over, mix well. Serve immediately or chilled!.