Summer Rice Salad.
You can have Summer Rice Salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Summer Rice Salad
- It’s of Rice salad.
- You need of brown rice.
- It’s of Balsamic dressing.
- Prepare of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of dijon mustard.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of honey.
- You need of vegetables.
- It’s of cucumber.
- Prepare of grape tomatoes (1 container).
- You need of red onion.
- You need of fresh basil.
Summer Rice Salad step by step
- Boil your brown rice. Whole grain or instant rice will work nicely. You can use couscous or pasta for variety. When done, put the starch in the fridge to cool..
- While the rice boils, add dressing ingredients into a mason jar or small Tupperware. Shake vigorously until mixed. Taste and tweak accordingly for a tart and sweet flavor..
- Peel and chop the cucumber to 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. Slice grape tomatoes in 1/2. Chop basil into thin slices. Dice red onion..
- Throw all ingredients and dressing into large Tupperware and shake until mixed. Otherwise fold all ingredients with a large spoon until mixed together..
- Serve chilled. Should be enough for a large dinner party, BBQ with friends, or multiple meals. Great for a vegetarian main dish! Try it with raisins and a couple dashes is cinnamon for a Middle Eastern twist..