My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks. Enjoy Delicious Nut Mixes Optimized For You. Sweet Potato is a great source of dietary fibre, niacin, folate, magnesium and calcium and thanks to sweet potatoes having a low GI, it will help you feel fuller for longer, making this a great lunchbox snack or even breakfast – try lightly toasting it under the grill and add a little honey! The result is a crispy-on-the-outside, creamy-on-the-inside.
Best combos of sweet potato toppings Oats, cinnamon and sugar free maple syrup (this is what I have on my sweet potato in the photos for this post)) Yogurt, sugar free maple syrup These sweet potato bars made with oats are the perfect healthy snack. Add your favorite mix-ins like dried fruit, nuts or even chocolate chips. This healthy sweet potato casserole uses raw honey and the natural sweetness of the ingredients to give you a delicious low sugar sweet potato casserole. You can cook My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks
- Prepare 150 grams of Sweet potato.
- It’s 60 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame seeds.
This healthy sweet potato casserole is a freezer meal making it the perfect make ahead side. Peel the sweet potato and slice it thin. I used a mandoline for this. Line a couple baking baking sheets with parchment.
My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks step by step
- Cut the peeled sweet potato into large pieces and put in a microwavable bowl..
- Microwave for 3 minutes and let sit in the steam with the wrap still on for 2 minutes..
- Mash with a fork..
- Add soy milk and salt and mix. The salt will tone down the sweetness, of the sweet potatoes, so if you like, you can add more honey or sweetener..
- Once the sweet potato mixture is smooth, sprinkle in sesame seeds before forming into scoops. *In this photo, they've been place in foil cups, but the ones in the top photo were just rounded into balls..
- Bake in the toaster oven for 5 minutes. (If you are using a normal oven, preheat to 410F/210C and bake for 15 minutes.).
Place the chips on the baking sheet. Using a brush , brush a small amount of oil onto each chip. This helps keep your eyes healthy as well as your immune system, your body's defense against germs. I'm a food writer and cookbook author and I'm always looking for new ways to make food fun and interesting for kids! I specialise in fussy eating and share tips and tricks to get your kids eating better along with lots of family friendly recipes.