Oats Flaxseeds Mathri A Healthy Snack. Oats Flaxseeds Mathri A Healthy Snack Oats flaxseeds mathri are a new healthy version of making traditional mathri/flat deep fried flatbread. Both the ingredients are super nutrient with loads of health benefits. Oats flaxseeds mathri a great snack for weight conscious people.
Oats flaxseeds mathri are a great snack for weight conscious people like me. ABOUT Oats Flaxseeds Mathri A Healthy Snack RECIPE. Oats flaxseeds mathri are a new healthy version of making traditional mathri/flat deep fried flatbread. You can have Oats Flaxseeds Mathri A Healthy Snack using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oats Flaxseeds Mathri A Healthy Snack
- You need 1.5 Cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1.5 Cup of oats flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flax seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of ajwain/carom seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kasoori methi or handful fresh fenugreek leaves.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil for kneading.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of water to make a dough.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper seeds to add on top of mathri.
- Prepare as needed of Oil to deep fry.
Both the ingredients are super nutrient with loads of health benefits. Little twist in the normal mathri and no compromise in taste. Oats and flaxseed are said to be replete with healthful properties In India, chai-time calls for some greasy and decadent snacks like bread rolls, cutlets, spring rolls, samosas, mathris etc. To make the bites, first grind the flaxseeds in a spice grinder.
Oats Flaxseeds Mathri A Healthy Snack instructions
- I used rolled oats to make these. Grind them to make smooth powder and then use it. Grind flax seeds too beforehand..
- In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients well. Use water to make a dough. It should not be soft, consistency should be like poori/puri dough..
- Now using this dough make small 1.5″ size small balls. This much dough will yield to 30 mathris around. Take 1-2 black pepper seed on the flat surface, crush it with rolling pin and now place one small ball on top of it. Roll it over to make a 2″ 2.5″ diameter circle. With the help of fork put holes in both sides. Poking holes prevent them puffing up while deep frying..
- Do the same procedure with the rest of the balls..
- Heat oil in a kadhai/pan and put these rolled circles into it. Keep turning them to avoid burning. The flame should be between high and medium, change it from time to time. Fry till they get a golden colour..
- Oats flaxseeds mathris are ready to serve. Let them cool completely and store in airtight jar. It is my teatime snack, I love to have it with green tea. With mix pickle, it tastes heavenly..
- Before storing make sure that they are completely cool down. Else they will become soggy. Flex seeds are optional if not available. But it is very good in nutritional value. You can bake oats flax seeds mathri too. WIll post that method soon..
You can skip this step by using pre-ground flaxseeds from the store. Next, add the oats, seeds, flaxseeds, and a pinch of salt to a large bowl. Then add the nut or seed butter of choice and honey to the dry ingredients. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.