Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani.
You can have Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani
- Prepare of chicken.
- Prepare of kilo Extra long Basmati Rice.
- You need of ginger garlic green chilli paste.
- Prepare of yoghurt.
- Prepare of lemon squeezed.
- Prepare of garam masala powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need of haldi powder.
- It’s of mustard oil.
- It’s of Shahi Biryani Masala powder.
- It’s of mint leaves.
- It’s of coriander leaves.
- It’s of Javitri, star anise.
- Prepare of lukewarm milk.
- Prepare of bit of kesar.
- It’s of Yellow/orange food colour.
- Prepare of kewra essence.
- It’s of mitha itar.
- Prepare of onions finely chopped for birista.
- Prepare of All-purpose wheat dough for dum.
Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani step by step
- First step: Marinate the chicken overnight. Here I took 750 grams chicken. So I put 4tbsp garlic-ginger-green chilli paste, 1/2 cup yoghurt, 1 lemon juice, 1 and half tbsp garam masala powder, salt as per taste, 1 and half tbsp kashmiri lal mirch powder, 2 teaspoon haldi powder, 1/3 cup mustard oil, 3½tbsp shahi biryani masala powder, 1 small piece javitri, 1 bowl of mint leaves and 1/2 bowl of coriander leaves. Then let it rest overnight or for 4 to 5 hours maximum in refrigerator.
- Second step: take 1/2 cup lukewarm milk and add 2 pinches of Kesar in it. Also add just 3 drops of Kewra essence in the kesar milk and Yellow/orange food colour in the kesar milk. Keep the mitha itar ready too (separately). Also fry sufficient onions until they turn golden brown (I.e Birista). Keep all this ready before proceeding further.
- Third step: Soak extra long Basmati rice India gate by adding 1 Big elaichi, 2 small elaichi, 4 Cinnamon sticks, 10 whole black peppercorns, 1 piece javitri, 1 star anise, 5-6 cloves. Let it rest for 1.5 hours. Then boil the rice by adding a bit more water. Also add salt while boiling. The salt should be a bit more as the water will be ultimately drained out..
- Remember the rice should not be entirely cooked. Just switch off the flame after the water comes to two boils. The rice should only be 70% cooked, not entirely. After that add cold water immediately and drain all the water. Cold water is added so that the rice doesnt get stuck to each other..
- Fourth step: In a container add ghee at the base and then place marinated chicken entirely. Add half boiled aloo (optional). The base should get covered by chicken and aloo entirely. Then add most of the Birista (and keep some for garnishing later). Now comes the first layering of rice. Start layering the rice and add a bit of kesar milk (I.e with yellow food colour and kewra), sprinkle a bit of mitha itar sprinkle 1 teaspoon of biryani masala. Prepare the second layer in that way too..
- Make the second layer of rice, sprinkle a bit of mitha itar, kesar milk again that has yellow food colour and kewra, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of biryani masala. Then finally add all the birista on the top of the rice and 2 tbsp ghee. After that cover the lid with a container and seal the sides with atta dough so that air can't pass. Now cook the biriyani in medium low flame for 15 mins and then place a tawa on the stove, place the biryani container on the tawa and cook in low flane for 45 mins.
- I had Chulha as you can see in the picture so I did not place any tawa I just reduced the flame. Switch off the stove and dont open the lid for 10 mins. Open the lid now. Your hyderabadi dum chicken biryani is ready😍😍.