Hyderabadi Veg Biryani.
You can have Hyderabadi Veg Biryani using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Veg Biryani
- Prepare 2 cups of Basmati rice -.
- You need 1/2 cup of Thick curd/ dahi -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cream/ malai -.
- You need 1 cup of Tomato/ tamatar puree -.
- It’s 150 gms of Paneer -.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli/ khadi lal mirch powder -.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Red chilli/ lal mirch powder -.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Turmeric haldi -.
- Prepare 2 cups of Chopped onions/ pyaz -.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped potatoes/ aloo -.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chopped ginger/ adarak, garlic and green chilli.
- You need of Chopped coriander/ dhaniya and mint/ pudina leaves – as required.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Biryani masala -.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/ namak.
- You need 6 tablespoons of Oil/ tel -.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk/ doodh -.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Kesar/ saffron -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green peas/ matar -.
Hyderabadi Veg Biryani instructions
- Wash rice and soak them for 1 hour in sufficient water.
- Cut paneer in cubes and marinate paneer with tomato puree, cream, curd, kashmiri chilli, turmeric and red chilli powder for 1 hour..
- Cook rice (almost 75%) with green peas and water..
- Add milk and kesar in a bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry potatoes. When potatoes are half cooked, add paneer mixture and biryani masala and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame. Add salt too..
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a cooker and add half of the onions. Saute until onions become brown in color.
- Take out brown onions from cooker and add remaining onions and chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute 4-5 minutes on medium flame. Reduce the flame to low..
- Now spread 4 tablespoons of paneer and potato mixture and make a layer..
- Spread 6 tablespoons rice and sprinkle brown onions, coriander and mint leaves. Repeat this process 2 times and when last layer gets finished, sprinkle kesar milk..
- Cover the cooker and cook biryani 7-8 minutes on low flame..
- Delicious and spicy 'Hyderabadi Veg Biryani' is ready to get served with raita!.