Eid Special Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani.
You can have Eid Special Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eid Special Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani
- You need of Meat Marination: Mutton – 500 gms.
- Prepare of Salt – to taste Shahi jeera – 2 tsp.
- Prepare of Cardamom – 4-5 Cinnamon – 1 small piece.
- It’s of Turmeric – 1& 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder – 1tbsp.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mace (javitri) powder –.
- It’s of Garlic paste – 1 tbsp Ginger paste – 1 tbsp.
- Prepare of Green chilli – 2 -3 Browned onion – 3/4 cup.
- It’s of Mint leaves – 1 cup Curd – 1 & 1/2 cup Oil – 1/2 cup.
- You need of For the Rice:.
- You need of Water – 3 lts Salt – 3 tbsp or to taste.
- Prepare of Cardamom – 3- 4 Green chilli- 1.
- It’s of Basmati rice (soaked 1hr) – 500 gms.
- It’s of Water from Blanched Rice – 1 cup Saffron – a very small pinch.
- Prepare of Desi ghee – 2 tbsp Dough – for sealing.
Eid Special Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani step by step
- For the meat: Mix all the ingredients under marination and place them in a vessel. Cook the meat covered till it gets tender. Try and cook the meat on medium heat covered so that no water is added, however, if the meat starts to dry up then add some water or stock as required to keep the curry of the meat runny..
- For the rice: In a separate deep vessel bring water to boil and add salt, cardamom, chilli and let it boil for 5 mins more. Skim the chilli and spices. Add soaked rice and cook till rice is half cooked. Strain the rice at this stage and add them over the meat. Spread the rice and add a laddle of the hot water strained from the rice..
- Drizzle dissolved saffron on top. At this stage, you can add 2 tbsp of ghee or can add 3-4 tbsp leftover oil after browning onions. Placing on Dum.
- Seal the vessel with dough and a tight-fitting lid. Cook on high heat for a minute, now lower the heat and cook on dum for 12-15min. Remove from heat and let it sit for 10 mins before opening the lid. Serve hot with raita and fresh salad..