Hyderabadi dum biryani.
You can have Hyderabadi dum biryani using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi dum biryani
- You need 200 gm of rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of biryani masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 2-3 of green chilli.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mint leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetables (carrot, beans, potato, paneer, cauliflower is optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 3-4 of Cashwes.
- It’s 1-3 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 1 inch of Cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of onion medium sized.
Hyderabadi dum biryani instructions
- Soak rice in water for about 30 min..
- Take curd in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients and vegetables in it. Make sure that you do not add lemon juice, kaju, dalchini, elaichi into curd. Except these things add all other ingredients (including vegetables) in curd and mix it well. Then keep this mixture aside..
- Now take 6-7 cups of water in a vessel and heat it. As the water starts boiling add 1 tbsp cumin, 1 small tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp salt in it.Now wait for it to boil properly..
- Now add rice in water and boil it on full flame. Make sure that you do not boil the rice completely. We have to half boil it. Then remove water from the rice..
- Take 3 big spoon of ghee in a cooker. As the ghee heats up add 3/4 tbsp cumin, kaju, elaichi, dalchini, laving and heat it on low flame. Then add 1 tbspGinger garlic paste and cook it properly for 2 min. Then add vegetables and cook for 2-3 min..
- Now take 2 finely chopped onion in a frying pan and cook until it becomes golden brown. Add this in the vegetables..
- Add 1/2 cup curd and water in the vegetables and let it cook. Then add half of the rice into it and make a layer. Add some golden brown finely chopped onion on rice and then again add rice and onion. This makes the second layer. Pour 1 tbsp ghee on it.
- Now close the cooker with whistle removed and keep it on a tawa with low flame for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Now serve the tasty biryani..