Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani.
You can have Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani
- It’s of For Marination :.
- You need 1/2 kg of Mixed Vegetables.
- It’s 100 gms of Paneer Cubed.
- You need 1 cup of Curd.
- You need 2 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Dhania Jeera Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Biryani Masala.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Green Coriander Leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fresh Mint Leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Barista (Fried Onions).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of For Rice :.
- Prepare 2 cups of Basmati Rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
- You need as needed of Few Drops Lemon Juice.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 1 of star Anise.
- Prepare 1 Inch of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of Cloves.
- Prepare 2-3 of Green Cardamom Pods.
- It’s 5-6 of Black Peppercorns.
- You need of For Gravy :.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Jeera.
- It’s 2 of medium sized Onions finely chopped.
Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani instructions
- Marination : Take vegetables (Carrot, beans, cauliflower, Panner, Potato cut in big pieces, green peas) in a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients mentioned for marination, mix and marinate for at least an hour..
- Rice : Wash and soak rice in enough water for 30 mins. Heat up the water on high flame adding all ingredients mentioned for rice. Once water starts boiling, drain excess water and add rice to the boiling water. Cook rice till they are cooked 70 percent on medium flame. Switch off the flame. Remove cooked rice in a strainer and immediately pour cold water on it and keep aside..
- Gravy : Heat oil in a pan on medium flame. Add jeera and let it splutter. Add marinated vegetables, mix well, cover and cook on low flame till they are cooked 70 percent. Switch off the flame. Gravy for biryani is ready..
- Assembling : Divide prepared gravy and rice in two parts. In the same pan in which gravy is prepared, make a layer of gravy with half the quantity. Then add a layer of rice, followed by chopped fresh green coriander leaves, roughly chopped mint leaves, barista, saffron milk. Then again make a layer of gravy and repeat. Top with fresh green coriander leaves, mint leaves, barista, saffron milk, sprinkle some biryani masala and ghee. Cover and cook for 10 mins on slow flame..
- Dum : Heat up the flat tawa. Keep the prepared biryani pan on tawa. Seal the lid with dough so that steam doesn't escape. Again cook for 10 mins. Switch off the flame. Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani is ready to serve..
- Serve Dum Biryani with raita and salan..